Yikes. August kind of got away from me! It was definitely a busy month and I’ve got a few things to share….
First up, the monthly TUSAL post:
There’s a mix of yarn (keep reading for the project pics), floss and some “guest” orts from a weekend “Soiree.”
I had two knitting finishes in August. First is a red scarf that is now living on the east coast and will keep a bear named Matthias warm this winter. I fully expect his owner to “borrow” regularly (or I certainly wouldn’t have put in the time to make it… LOL).
It’s Yarn Harlot’s One Row Scarf using Lion Brand Tweed in Red on #10 needles. This is a great pattern for both solid and dyed/patterned yarns. I think I’ve made at least six versions with different weights/needles.
The second knitting finish is a Multnomah-inspired Shawl. This was my third Camp Loopy finish for the summer and just in the nick of time as I cast off on the 26th and the deadline was the 27th!
It is purple and oyster grey using Loopy Ewe Solid Series. I made the garter stitch section larger (the purple) to use up one full skein and enough of a second to get to an appropriate number of stitches to start the feather/fan repeat in grey. One full skein of grey and a final thin garter border in purple to meet the 500 yard requirement for the project. It’s my first true lacy shawl and I really like how it came out 🙂
I hav also been stitching a bit. I spent the third weekend in August at a Sampler Soiree put on by my LNS, Attic Needlework. Three days of food, fun and new projects with great gals (and one gentleman). The centerpiece project is a box. We covered the box (with Attic’s signature tissue paper), made the insert and added ribbon as part of the class Sunday morning. The stitched piece will be added to the top…. I may actually finish that this weekend. Only the partial line of verse to finish and then “To the Ladies” to add above:
It was a great project! There’s a small monogram design to stitch for inside the top to put on the finishing touches.
I managed to complete one other small project – a simple sampler on perforated paper:
We received a small piece of sampler print material for the back so one of these days I’ll get it finish-finished.
I also finished a wool pocket for a Lucet and learned how to braid using the tool. I’ll catch a pic of that next time…
I’ve got three more projects from the weekend to do and yes, this non-sampler person will be doing them all. LOL. If you’d like to see pictures of the other projects, check out the Attic newsletter from last week found here (link to a PDF). The pics from the weekend start on Page 4 and you may spot me in one of them 🙂
I’m sure you can see how August got away from me for blogging!