Annette's Acre

Stitching, knitting, reading, life…whatever catches my eye
January 31st, 2012

Jan/Feb Theme-a-licious Update

Jardin January

I’m calling January a success…

First, a finish January 12 (there’s a flower or two):


A Good Marriage
Lizzie * Kate
Smokey White Belfast
Started Dec 25, 2011
Finished Jan 12, 2012

Next, progress on three WIPocalypse pieces:

CCN Liberty Lane (flowers on the ends there…)

Mirabilia Lilac (wings are 100% braid.  They were such a joy to stitch [a little sarcasm there] and I added more green on the bottom)

And finally, Long Dog’s Rosemarkie (reminds me of an English garden)

Now… on to a new month…

Fangirl February

Send a Valentine to your favorite designer…or at least work on his or her designs for the month!

I have far too many favorites to limit to just one for the entire month.  And how convenient that all the pieces on my WIPocalypse list are by favorite designers….

Planned:

  • L’Epoch Nouveau – Dimples Designs
  • Toy Shoppe – Mill Hill
  • Stroke of Midnight – Teresa Wentzler
  • …and then, dare I hope, a finish when I start back to Liberty Lane?

Stay tuned!

 

 

 

December 29th, 2011

A Good Marriage

About 1/3 complete…

On Smokey White Belfast with included fibers.

I love how “Don’t go to bed angry” is split across two lines.  I briefly considered leaving the “Don’t” off and somehow adding “and plot revenge” but elected to go with the original intent 😉

December 3rd, 2009

Two Finishes

I did finish Boo Club during my vacation last week.

I wanted to press before it made its blog debut…. but well….

Imagine it without wrinkles. Please. (Click to biggify)

I used mostly the fibers called out.  Mostly.  For some reason I didn’t have the WDW Taffeta, so I used the DMC equivalent (3740).  Border is done in black and white Anchor, not the WDW Mascara and Whitewash.

I took a few liberties with the Ghost block:

I changed the colors for the words, the small border below and moved the buttons.  They were supposed to be bat bodies.  Thanks to a counting mistake, they became eyes 😉

It will get pressed before I take it to the framer’s this weekend.  Really.

Here’s the second finish:

LHN’s Fa La La. 

I changed the DMC for the hair on the left girl, but I don’t think the color changed noticeably (838 instead of 801).  Yes, there’s a bit of a muck up on the left (if you notice).  I had all the leaves except the bottom two bunches done and there was no way I was frogging it all…

Back to the Mirabilia RR. I did make progress last week, but she’s not quite ready for mailing.