Another project off the WIPocalypse list!
Rosemarkie by Long Dog Designs
32-ct Cream Linen
Needle Necessities MacAulvey Manor
This is a phenomenally bad picture, I must say. I started this design years ago as a SAL after it was gifted to me. I’m so very happy to have it done! I still love the colors chosen 🙂
2013 is speeding by and the first WIPocalypse checkin is here already.
Thankfully, I planned ahead and included two designs from my list in my first rotation round for the year. And as I’ve moved on two round 2…..progress has been made 😉
Christmastide at Holly House by The Scarlett House
Rosemarkie by Long Dog
Both are still in play in Round 2, so more progress forthcoming.
Another year, another dire prediction for the end of the world…
Let’s get stitching!
After last year’s rousing success, I’ve taken a look at the current WIP list and propose the following to either finish or progress in 2013:
- Noah’s Ark – Teresa Wentzler
- Rosemarkie – Long Dog Samplers
- Brave Hearts – Little House Needleworks
- Dark Shadows – Hinzeit
- LUV Letters – Primrose Needleworks
- Tuscany – Lanarte
- Spring Queen – Mirabilia
- A Pirate’s Life – Country Cottage Needleworks
- Fairy Tale Bookmark – Textile Heritage
- Egyptian Garden – Chatelaine
- 12 Days of Christmas – Teresa Wentzler
- Betsy – Sheepish Designs
- Clarissa Cow – Mill Hill
- Christmastide at Holly House – The Scarlett House
Yes, I am planning on a new start or two (or three or four), but I’m keeping this list to those projects in progress as of today.
2012 was a great stitching year thanks in large part to the WIPocalypse 🙂
Who knew those crazy, lazy Mayans could have such an impact all these years later?
Of the original thirteen WIPs on the WIPocalypse list, I finished eight of them!
- A Good Marriage – Lizzie*Kate: Completed 1/12/2012
- Mermaid Round Robin – Mirabilia: Completed 9/28/2012
- Liberty Lane – Country Cottage Needleworks: Completed 2/12/2012
- Sea to Shining Sea – Little House Needleworks: Completed 9/26/2012
- Lilac Pixie – Mirabilia: Completed 11/22/2012
- Masquerade – Ink Circles: Completed 11/11/2012
- Toy Store – Mill Hill: Completed 3/12/2012
- Haunted House – Mill Hill: Completed 5/16/2012
Of the remaining items, I worked on all but one which is another accomplishment in and of itself!
I added eight more small WIPs and five of those are completed, too.
- Snow Charmer – Mill Hill: Completed 7/6/2012
- Goblins Welcome – Mill Hill: Completed 10/14/2012
- Winter Wonderland – Mill Hill: Completed 12/9/2012
- Sew & Sew – Mary Garry: Completed 12/22/2012
- Tower of London – Textile Heritage: Completed 12/27/2012
Color me completely surprised 🙂
In the spirit of “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it…” I have plans for 2013 WIPocalypse stitching… see the next post!
Since we last met on the subject of the 2012 WIPocalypse…..
Two finishes! Woot!
Ink Circles’ Masquerade
Mirabilia’s Lilac Pixie
I’m rather surprised that I have finished off eight of the fourteen items on the original list.
I’m already working on what will be on the plans for the 2013 WIPocalypse 🙂 No need to fix what obviously isn’t broken! LOL
A quick WIPocalypse update today…
Since September’s post, I completed one more small item to knock another pre-2012 WIP off the list 🙂
I also put in a few hours on Rosemarkie, which effectively finishes the first (and the largest) page of the design:
We won’t mention the two new starts…at least one was finished!
My timing is perfect for this month’s WIPocalypse post! I have TWO…yes, TWO Happy Dances to share! And both from the WIPocalypse list 🙂
First – my long neglected Mirabilia Round Robin from 2011. It came home needing only Queen Mermaid stitched.
You would think I could get right on that, yes? Unfortunately, this makes the *third* time I have stitched QM on a Mira RR and I can definitively state I will never stitch the whole piece. I did change her beads a bit to be ornery, but now that it’s all done, I’m so glad she’s there 🙂
The mermaids are stitched on Star Sapphire Jobelan and the borders were done in SNC’s Warlock Road.
For the second finish…. Little House Needleworks Sea to Shining Sea:
I was drawn to this design for the palm tree and saguaro cactus there on the left and once *those* were done, it languished in the WIP pile until this year. It’s stitched on natural Belfast linen with the Crescent silks included with each of the designs. (this is pre-Belle Soie).
The only intentional change I made is for those little white dots in the center panel. I used white MH beads rather than doing individual stitches. I hate “rogue” stitches 😉 There are some unintentional changes (especially in this panel… the frogs live in that river, I swear) but nothing too obvious, I hope.
That’s two items off the list!! Woot!!
Also making fine progress on my L*K Mystery Sampler….
Only the last part to do and it’s my favorite of the three!
So this is going to be pretty easy….
WIPocalypse was a big fat ZERO for this full moon. That’s right, I didn’t touch a single item on my original list.
Theme-a-licious was a bit more productive. Here was the Olympic plan:
Flying Needles (Knitting)
Bronze: Finish Matthias Scarf – Yes!
Silver: Finish Multnomah Shawl – Yes!
Gold: Finish K’s socks – Progressed to about 8″ on the first sock…
Flashing Needles (Stitching)
Bronze: Finish one Retreat Project – Yup!
Silver: Caught up on Lizzie*Kate Halloween Mystery – Finished part 1 and started 2.
Gold: Finish three items from WIPocalypse List – HA!
Speedy Needles (Quilting)
Bronze: Cut/Assemble background for first Sweetheart House block – Shouldn’t left this at “cut”
Silver: Finish first Sweetheart block (appliqué) – ummm…no
Gold: Bind Witchie Quilt – HA! Oh sometimes I crack myself up…
Based on the above, I’ve earned two Bronze and one Silver (see previous post for details).
- Bronze: Finish Matthias Scarf
- Silver: Finish Multnomah Shawl
- Bronze: Finish one Retreat project (I finished two, but I’m only counting for one medal ;))
According to the last Olympics, I can proudly fly the Belgium Flag with these results 🙂
We all love gadgets, and none better than the teensy tools and holders we make ourselves. Let’s stitch some smalls–needlebooks, fobs, biscornus, scissors keeps, pincushions–or knit some teensy things–amigurumi, jewelry, sachets….
Woot! I got this one covered! The next retreat project I’m working on is a scissor fob and pincushion and I will pull out a couple of the smaller items from the WIPocalypse list 🙂 And if I am very ambitious, I’ll get the L*K Mystery Sampler done. Here’s where I’m at…
Totally doable, right??
First, a very happy Fourth of July to my American friends 🙂 And a belated Happy Canada Day to the Canadians. And for everyone else… Happy Wednesday!
I’m taking a holiday from work today. K and I saw Brave this morning and really enjoyed it. We then went for lunch at a local sushi place with Terri and her DH and finally stopped at JCPenney to pick up a few items for K to take on her upcoming vacation to Georgia. Friday will be Z’s turn. The child just keeps growing!
And now… home to relax a bit for the rest of the day. It’s been rainy and overcast so while still warm (it *is* Arizona, after all) not unpleasantly so.
On to the WIPocalypse update!
Since our last chat, I’ve made a bit more progress on LHN’s Sea to Shining Sea
I’m thinking a push during the Olympics next month will see this complete!
A little more progress on my June Cottage…again, another very close to finish. Maybe this month?
Before I headed off to Dallas, I pulled out many of my “small” WIPs and will be adding them to the WIPocalypse list for the year. I have every intention of getting the WIP list under 30 by year end and finishing off the smaller items is a quick way to make an impact.
One of the ones I found was an old Mill Hill Snow Charmer. I’d only but a couple dozen stitches in and had followed the directions (a rarity) using three strands. I have since figured out to use only two strands (such a rebel) and the perforated paper was not conducive to ripping out even the two dozen or so I’d put in. One of the benefits of using fabric for the MH Bead & Button pieces is that I tend to have some leftover paper…. so I restarted the snow man and am much happier with the look.
In the last week:
- I’ve been in four states (other than Arizona).
- Put 2,400 miles on my car in 38 hours of driving (over four days).
- Visited with former in-laws for a day.
- Spent two nights in Albuquerque with my brother and his family
- Drove by my high school and house I spent several years in (in Albuquerque)
- Finished another WIPocalypse piece (warning, crappy cell phone pic)
Mill Hill Haunted House kit
- Finished my third rotation round for 2012 (a total of five pieces…. the finish is the first slot in Round 4)
- Finished the latest Sookie Stackhouse – Deadlocked (meh)
- Lost another pound on Weight Watchers (considering I spent four days driving, an amazing feat, right there)
It’s been a busy week.